In 2011 Dave Ursillo published his first book Lead Without Followers. In an inspiring uphill battle, Dave has shown a tremendous amount of grit. In the last year his business has experienced a dramatic turnaround. Here...
In 2011 Dave Ursillo published his first book Lead Without Followers. In an inspiring uphill battle, Dave has shown a tremendous amount of grit. In the last year his business has experienced a dramatic turnaround.
Here are some of the highlights from our conversation
- Lessons from the world of politics and leadership
- The role of self belief in your success
- Why a mission of service matters so much
- The subtle nuances of your language the impact your mindset
- Understanding what you think, feel and believe
- Why what you say is going to be heard
- How to push yourself to the place of true authenticity
- Why making your life about other people gives them power
- The Importance of not getting attached to your success
- Why the art matters more than the mechanics
- Why showing up everyday is just a prerequisite
- How the failure of a book changed Dave's perception of art
- Dealing with a business on the brink of failure
- How Following through on a simple idea drastically changed Dave's business
- Structuring a writer's group where the journey is the reward
- The key values that were the foundations of the Literati writer's group
- Critical Elements of Being Unapologetically You
Dave Ursillo is the founder of The Literati Writers Group, and the author or Lead without Followers. You can follow him on twitter @daveursillo.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.
The Unmistakable Collective is a monthly membership for writers, bloggers, podcasters, and content creators. It's your one-stop shop for creativity. You'll have access to workshops, AMA's, and accountability from other like-minded peers to help you accomplish any creative goals! It doesn't matter what type or style - we've got something in store, whether it be blogging as a hobbyist, starting up a business with no experience under YOUR belt (or skin), or launching a podcast.
Click Here to Become a Member